Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Down East 2008

Hi, Friends and Family:

It's hard for me to believe that it's the eve of December 2008! 2008 has been flying by, and I am thankful for my many blessings. I had the pleasure of returning to my older sister's home in Tarboro to celebrate Thanksgiving this year with my family. It was fun seeing my Daddy wear his custom-made birthday boots and hanging out in Tarboro and "on the Common." See the attached pics.

Besides maintaining this blog, I've also been participating in the social networking phenomenon by maintaining a Facebook site as well. It's really been incredible to reconnect with so many friends from the past via FaceBook, and it's an interesting way to keep in touch with friends/acquaintances. I'm not sure how long I'll participate in FaceBook, but, for now, I think it's fun.

While searching on YouTube today, I rediscovered an Italian song that I first heard back in the 1993 timeframe. I still love the song and was amazed at how listening to the song took me back to that time. And, that's why I love music...as Carlos Santana has said, music can "take you there." I'd like to share it with you now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwmnKH9YGc&feature=channel

I wish all of you a wonderful holiday spirit and can't conclude without mentioning Him, who is the greatest gift of all!

Peace be with you all this holiday season!...Ruth




No comments: