Halloween is an unusual holiday where partakers can take on the role/person/image, etc. of someone who is totally different from themselves. Some people think Halloween is simply an excuse for others to show their true colors, their innermost desires, etc., while some people think that Halloween is about briefly experimenting with an opposite side of yourself, a minor, minor part of yourself.
I was Amy Winehouse this year and had fun going to my friend Charlotte's (roller girl in pic) party.
To self-analyze a bit, I think I had fun choosing to be an outlandish character. There is much about Amy's publicized demons that I don't and can't relate to, but I think we can all relate to the complicated force of human nature that she represents. Amy's recent Grammys recognize her creative talents and musical genius, however, the headlines she makes show she's far from being a total success. Again, I think all of us can relate to being imperfect, and I think that's why I was relaxed in my Amy "get-up."
Who knows what I'll be next year, but, this year, it was fun to be Amy for a little while....RTD
No comments:
Post a Comment