Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Short Month

Hello, friends! February has been an extremely busy month for me -- "my..my...how the time has flown!"

The ALABAMA lyric, "I'm in a hurry to get things done...well, I rush and rush until life's no fun..." keeps popping into my head this month...between working, volunteering, etc., I've been feeling rushed lately.

On a lighter note, I'm reading "The Kite Runner," and the story took an unexpected turn the other day. I like being surprised when I read. I also love reading about other parts of the world. "They" say that at the end of your life "you're only as different as the people you've met, the places you've been and the books that you've read." I love the way that you can travel to other places just by reading books. Music is the same for me...like the song goes, "music is my aeroplane...it's my aeroplane." Music takes me away....

My question for you today is: can you hear your song? do you hear your lyric? do you hear your melody? are you playing it loud, or are you playing it soft? or are you humming the tune to yourself alone? My wish for all of you is to hear the music of your hearts and get in tune with the message of Lawrence of Arabia: live your dreams in the light of day!

No comments: