Happy Weekend, everyone! These are interesting times in the U.S. Gas prices, politics, etc.
What I love to see are the reminders that we are all alike in our differences. I think a great example is to watch these two versions of "Father and Son":
first version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jek6iP6AuAQ
second version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpX1ZjuaiA&feature=related
The first by Cat Stevens and the second by Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens). It's interesting to view the two versions of the man juxtaposed against each other. The young and the old. The non-Muslim and the Muslim. Yet the song remains the same. I think it's also interesting to consider the audiences of both videos -- the 1970s afro-donning kids and the 1990s/2000s Muslim families. So different at a glance, yet both groups are enjoying the same song, the same lyric, the same meaning.
I'll end this entry by restating the fact that these are interesting times, and I'll leave you with the aptly-titled "Wild World" by Cat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXpnZi9Hzs&feature=related
Peace, Peeps!...Ruth
No comments:
Post a Comment