Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time and what's becoming of me and you

Hi, all:

2008 has been flyin' by as far as I'm concerned. Of course, this sort of feeling tends to happen when you relocate/move -- something I did earlier this year.

Beyond the sense of fleeting and fast-diminishing time, I'm struck by my overall sense of time and timing in this life. In so many ways, when I reflect on my younger self, I realize things now and see things now about my previous experiences that I didn't see then. Yet, I have a memory of that time that was, and I can still recall how I felt during those earlier times...how I felt that I was seeing things/life/etc. as clearly as I could at the time -- hence lies a feeling of contradiction within me that so many of us hold.

And, now, ringing in my ears, I hear a line of scripture (1 Corinthians 13:12), "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

This life is a mystery. And, I, an optimist, believe that through it all, the good and the bad, life is a blessing.

I wish all of my family and friends continued blessings and happiness in this life...R.

No comments: